Up to three (3) students will be selected to serve as interns for the 2019 Fraternity Communications Association (FCA) Annual Conference, to be held May 8-10, 2019 in Columbus, Ohio. Undergraduate and graduate students, particularly fraternity and sorority members, seeking a career working in communications and journalism, who take initiative, are hard-working and are committed to providing excellent customer service, are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be received by March 8, 2019 at midnight.
- A committee will review the applications.
- Following an initial review of applications, the committee will make recommendations to the Annual Conference Committee Chairman, who will make final decisions and offers.
- The committee reserves the right to conduct phone interviews and/or reference checks.
- All candidates will be contacted by April 8, 2019 regarding their selection status.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERN TEAM
The Intern Team will be an essential part of the staffing for the volunteer-driven meeting and will provide onsite support to the Conference Committee and its Chairperson. Interns should not expect to attend all educational programs, as much of their time will be devoted to conference work. However, time will be allotted for interns to have one-on-one time with the current FCA Board of Directors. Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Staff conference registration
- Post and remove signage
- Distribute and tally evaluations
- Provide frontline customer service to attendees
- Assist in onsite FCA office operations
- Assist in opening and closing educational programs
- Assist with VIP receptions
- Other duties as assigned
Applicants must be available for the duration of the conference, from 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 8 through 11:00 p.m. on Friday, May 10, with late-night and early-morning responsibilities. Interns will be given lodging and travel assistance for the duration of the conference. BENEFITS OF SERVING ON THE INTERN TEAMFCA Conference Interns will:
- Learn about conference management
- Meet colleagues and prospective employers
- Gain valuable professional development resources
- Interact with fraternity/sorority communications professionals
- Have a résumé critiqued by FCA professionals
In return for serving on the Intern Team, FCA will cover the following costs:
- Complimentary Annual Conference Registration.
- Meals during training and throughout the duration of the conference, including the Awards Banquet on Friday, May 10.
- Double-occupancy lodging will be provided for the duration of the conference at the Westin Hotel in Columbus, OH.
- A travel stipend of up to $350 will be provided. This includes airfare, airport transfers, mileage reimbursement and any other travel needs.
Training will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 8, 2019. All interns are required to participate in this training.